Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am a Chinese passport holder currently living in the Netherlands with a Dutch residence permit. I will fly from Amsterdam to London, and immediately transit from there to Hong Kong. Lugguage would be checked through directly to Hong Kong.

According to the website, I need to apply for a UK direct transit visa.

However, I am currently holding a UK visitor visa, valid for 6 months and for multiple entry. Do I still need to apply for a separate transit visa to get on board in Amsterdam?

share|improve this question
possible duplicate of Do I need a UK airside transit visa? –  Karlson Jun 4 '14 at 17:53

1 Answer 1

No. A visitor visa gives you all the same entitlements that a transit visa does, plus many more. In other words, transit is a "feature" included in the visitor visa.

share|improve this answer
Please provide a link or evidence when you state a law or rule - if at all possible, as it helps give confidence for the OP that your answer is factual and based on a rule somewhere. –  Mark Mayo Jul 7 '14 at 6:49

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.