Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am planning to visit my uncle who is living in the UK for my next holiday. Should I apply for a family visa or general visa?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

First, check whether you need a visa at all. You haven't indicated your nationality, so presumably you have found that you need a visa.

According to Family visitor visa eligibility, an uncle is not one of the types of family members that would make you eligible for a family visa (it is generally only immediate family and direct ancestors or descendants). Therefore, you probably need to apply for a general visitor visa.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.