Sign up ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

This question already has an answer here:

I will be traveling from India to Canada via United Kingdom in British Airways flight. The stopover in London is for 6 hours. I will be staying in the airport only. Do I need a transit visa for United Kingdom?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Vince, drat, Dirty-flow, VMAtm, Karlson May 28 '14 at 14:08

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

exactly, in the answer given there, you can use the online tool and they'll tell you that for travel to Canada it's the same rules as for travel to US – drat May 28 '14 at 8:47

1 Answer 1

Assuming you have a visa for Canada (which you should to be able to fly there), you are exempted from the direct airside transit visa requirement, as explained on the website. The rules for transit to Canada are the same than for US-bound travelers so the answers to this earlier question apply.

share|improve this answer
I have a visa for Canada. If my luggage is through, then i need not pass the UK border control. Right ?? – Arindam May 28 '14 at 9:00
@Arindam Exactly. No need. – Aditya Somani May 28 '14 at 9:03
@AdityaSomani Thanks very much. – Arindam May 28 '14 at 10:08

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.