Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

This question already has an answer here:

I am travelling to the UK but my UK passport is about to expire and so would like ot enter the UK with my US passport. How is allowed and legal?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Nate Eldredge, MeNoTalk, drat, Doc, Mark Mayo May 25 '14 at 23:44

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

In principle, a country should allow any citizen to enter, and some countries consider expired passport to be sufficient proof of citizenship. So you may not have a problem at all (but you should obviously check) –  Max May 25 '14 at 18:07

1 Answer 1

As explained in Do I have to enter the UK on my UK passport? using your UK passport is not mandatory. So you can certainly use your US passport if that's more convenient.

Furthermore, an expired British citizen passport is also enough to enter the UK and should be enough for the airline.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.