Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am applying for a training-based Schengen visa. I have to go to Germany and work on a research project with a prof. for about 6–8 weeks. The prof. is providing me the accommodation at his home, a small isolated room. The visa requires, "Proof of Accommodation", a "Training Approval letter", and a "Covering letter". I wanted to know the exact format for these letters as per what the embassy looks for

share|improve this question
I would assume that a letter from the professor of institution on proper letterhead would satisfy the requirement. – Jacob May 20 '14 at 21:45
There's no "exact format" for these letters. Anything from the professor on the university's letterhead mentioning the details you've just mentioned here will suffice. – Ankur Banerjee May 20 '14 at 22:01

You need to contact the embassy to get either the template or instructions concerning the details of the letter. As it has already been suggested, there is no single format for such letters and it is up to the embassy to decide what types of letters are accepted. Good luck.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.