Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have been trying to research on information of how to apply for a Schengen visa in Spain. I used to have a green passport but due to the fact that my passport has been renewed, I am in need of a visa to extend my stay in Spain.

I currently live in Barcelona, and hope that I could apply and complete the process from Spain without going back to Turkey. Any recommendations?

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Relaxed, Dirty-flow, Vince, drat, Mark Mayo May 19 '14 at 12:36

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Where is your old passport ?? If you had a valid visa you should have had your old visa returned ? –  DumbCoder May 17 '14 at 12:40
What visa were you on before it expired? –  Gagravarr May 17 '14 at 18:34
If you live legally in Spain then what you have is probably not a Schengen visa as you can't stay more than 3 months on such a visa. Do you still have the old passport? Would the visa in this passport still be valid? –  Relaxed May 17 '14 at 18:47
Short answer: You can apply for Schengen visa within Schengen area. You have to apply from a consulate outside the area. Period. –  MeNoTalk May 18 '14 at 16:32
@MeNoTalk There appear to be a typo in your previous comment. –  Relaxed May 18 '14 at 20:18

2 Answers 2

If you are already legally in Spain you don't need a Schengen visa. Legal residents of Schengen countries don't need a Schengen Visa, but the 90/180 rule officially applies. In practice there are no border checks and it is quite possible that you'll never have to show your passport at all when traveling. I assume you have some document (like a foreigners ID card) proving your status in Spain.

share|improve this answer

Although Spain is considered as one of the countries which are the least strict on rules, there is no way to legally overstay. Or...

Study – All Schengen zone countries offer student visas that are not hard to obtain so long as you are enrolled in a recognized university program. This would require you to pay for the course but it will virtually guarantee you a visa.

Marry – Fall in love with a European (or at least a friend) and apply for a marriage visa!

Read http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/how-to-legally-stay-in-europe-for-more-than-90-days/

share|improve this answer
It's not quite clear whether this really addresses the question. Some of the information is also plain wrong (Turkish citizens can't apply for a long-stay visa from within Germany). –  Relaxed May 17 '14 at 18:45

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.