Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would be traveling to Ireland for Studies on Student Visa. My course is of one year.

I want to know, if its permitted to travel from Ireland to England on student visa for a short trip. May be few days.

share|improve this question
The Republic of Ireland? – starsplusplus Apr 21 '14 at 11:42
Your nationality may matter – Gagravarr Apr 21 '14 at 12:52
As Gagravarr mentioned, your nationality may matter. In 2013 I was allowed to visit Republic of Ireland on a UK Visa as an Indian citizen due to a promotion for the Olympic Games of 2013. – Aditya Somani Apr 22 '14 at 1:04

Ireland have an agreement with the UK to allow short term UK visa holders to enter Ireland but from a specific list of countries. However it does not seem it works the other way round for people with Irish visas entering to UK.

Requiring a visa to enter the UK depends on your nationality. You can use the UK Government website to see if you need a visa, it will ask you questions and tell you if you need one.

share|improve this answer

You would not be entering the UK on an Irish student visa, you would be entering with your original passport and you will require what ever visas your original passport requires.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.