Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My boyfriend is coming to stay with me in the US for 84 days under the visa waiver program, he is looking for a soccer job or employment. If someone finds interest in him and wants him to join their team, how will he need to go about this? Does he need visas, documentation, anything? He is traveling from London, UK.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Mark Mayo, dlanod, DJClayworth, Dirty-flow, Gagravarr Mar 30 '14 at 9:59

  • This question does not appear to be about traveling within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Unless he is eligible to work in the US, he's going to have to get a work visa of some kind. Questions about that would probably be better asked on the 'Expatriates' site. – DJClayworth Mar 29 '14 at 19:39
This question appears to be off-topic because it is about work visas – Mark Mayo Mar 30 '14 at 1:14

It is legal to look for work whilst in the US under the Visa Waiver Program, however it is NOT legal to actually work whilst on the WVP.

If he is offered any form of employment within the US he will need to return to his home country and apply for a work visa for the US. Depending on the specific situation, obtaining such a visa will be somewhere between complicated and impossible.

share|improve this answer
ha ha. +1 for nicely explain that " such a visa will be somewhere between complicated and impossible." – kmonsoor Apr 1 '14 at 20:54

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.