Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am a Cuban with a US resident card and I'm traveling from Canada to Cuba and I was wondering if I need a Canadian visa to come back from Cuba to get into Canada if I'm using a Cuban passport.

share|improve this question
What did you need to enter Canada in the first place? – Kate Gregory Feb 8 '14 at 2:30
Im getting the plane in canada to go to cuba – andres Feb 8 '14 at 5:01
that's not my question. Unless you were born in Canada, you got in somehow, yes? Did you use your Cuban passport? Did you need a visa? – Kate Gregory Feb 8 '14 at 14:14
Im cuban i live in the united states near the canadian taking a plane from canada to cuba. Do i need a canadian visa when i come back from cuba to canada if i use my cuban passport – andres Feb 8 '14 at 21:41
you are just repeating what is in your question. I don't understand why you are concerned about going from Cuba to Canada but don't appear concerned about the first step, going from the US to Canada. If you expect them to easily let you in that time, at the start of your trip, why do you expect any issues the second time you enter Canada, after having been in Cuba? Either you're admissible to Canada or you're not, and entering from the US is not that different from entering from Cuba. – Kate Gregory Feb 8 '14 at 21:43

I have U.S. residency (Green Card). Do I need a visa to visit Canada or can I use my Green Card?

As a U.S. Green Card holder, you do not need a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada. At the Canadian border, you will need to present your valid passport and Green Card.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.