Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am a filipino with a US tourist visa. If I come to London first, can I go to US from there?

share|improve this question
Welcome to travel.SE. The answer is yes. Why would there be a concern? – Karlson Jan 31 '14 at 12:48
Are you asking if going via London would be a problem for the US visa, or if the US visa somehow changes your visa requirements to visit the UK? – Gagravarr Jan 31 '14 at 13:22

Yes, you can. The US will not care at all from where you enter the country.

While some countries issue certain visas that may require you to enter a country on a certain border crossing or coming from a certain country, this is not very common and will certainly be stated on the visa. If it does not say anything about this, there are no restrictions.

share|improve this answer
Can you provide further explanation, some references perhaps? – Mark Mayo Feb 2 '14 at 12:32
Since the visa does NOT state from where you have to enter the country from, you can enter from where ever you want. Since this is the absence of a rule, there is no official reference for it. Also, your example has nothing do to with this case. Re-entering is not possible because the visa is single-entry. You can still enter from where you want, but only one single time. – MrTweek Feb 2 '14 at 12:42
Also - YOU run My congrats (and thanks) to you, great site! – Mark Mayo Feb 2 '14 at 13:13
You are right. I elaborated my answer a bit more. And yes, I run hitchwiki. Not alone though, but anyway, thanks :) – MrTweek Feb 3 '14 at 1:05

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.