Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I would apply for a 3 week tourist visa to France. I would be sponsored by a French resident who is my boyfriend. Do I still need to submit my ITR, bank certification and statements even though he will provide his original “attestation d’accueil”?

share|improve this question
Welcome to travel.SE. What citizenship do you hold? –  Karlson Jan 29 at 16:30
From what I gather attestation d'accueil only has to do with room & board. Financial support is entirely different. –  Karlson Jan 29 at 16:44
As far as I know, you still need to provide all that but you don't need as much money to establish that you have “sufficient means of subsistence”. –  Annoyed Jan 29 at 17:07
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.