Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

We want to travel to the US for two weeks in the middle of July for a holiday and return at the end of July. Our visa expires in the middle of August will we be able to get into the US?

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Dirty-flow, Mark Mayo, Vince, Kris, Karlson Jan 27 '14 at 16:43

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Can you explain more? What citizen are you? Where are you travelling from? The more information, the more useful it'll be! – Mark Mayo Jan 27 '14 at 12:51
as long as your visa expires after you leave the US territory, it should be fine. But your question is not clear. By "return" you mean leaving the US for your home country or return to the US? – Vince Jan 27 '14 at 13:39
If you give more details, others might be able to provide a detailed answer but in principle a visa is valid until its expiration date. In the US, the period of stay might even extend beyond the validity of the visa, which need only be valid on the day of entry. Generally, you do however need a passport that is valid for six months after the end of your intended stay (you can even use another passport together with a visa apposed in an expired passport but you need a passport that will be valid long enough). – Relaxed Jan 27 '14 at 13:40
@Vince: A U.S. visa is only for entering the U.S., period. Once you enter the U.S., the visa is irrelevant. It does not determine how long you can stay. – user102008 Jan 28 '14 at 2:49
@Janet: As long as you have a valid U.S. visa, you can apply to enter the U.S. It could be the day before it expires; it doesn't matter. – user102008 Jan 28 '14 at 2:50

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.