Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

Flying from Heathrow on United Airlines, changing planes at Newark then taking another United Airlines flight to Costa Rica. Do I still need a US visa. Also, returning via Toronto, will I need a visa for Canada. I am British.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Doc, HaLaBi, Gagravarr, Dirty-flow, Geeo Jan 4 '14 at 12:26

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Nationality? so we can answer.... – Heidel Ber Gensis Jan 4 '14 at 9:54

As per the answer to Do I need a US visa to change planes in an American airport? you will require an ESTA (similar to a visa, but obtained electronically) before travelling the US, even though you are only transiting through the US. ESTAs are relatively easy to obtain (presuming you do not have a criminal record/etc), and cost only $14 per person.

UK citizens do NOT require a Visa or anything similar to transit Canada.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.