I'll try to be specific so that this question is not too open ended and can be answered.
We are vaguely dreaming about moving to a different country to work for several years. Most destinations are a long way from Australia so we would like to live and work in another country to experience that country and as a travel base to nearby countries.
Some facts about us to make this question specific:
- We are too old (40) for student working visas
- I have skills in IT/finance and she has skills in hospitality/real estate
- We speak only English (while willing to learn some local language realistically we would need to be speaking English in the workplace)
- We would be looking at staying for 2 or 3 years if this is possible
- Could take a pay-cut compared to Australian incomes so long as we have enough money to live on
- We are both Australian citizens only (no dual citizenship avenues)
- It's possible that only one of us needs to work and the other could volunteer
- We have travelled in East Africa and India/Nepal
About possible destinations:-
- Developing world would be good (and not say, US, UK, Canada, NZ)
- A warm place would be better than somewhere cold
- Location should be a good travel base for the nearby region
- Obviously we would need to be eligible for a working visa
What are the options?