Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm a Brazilian living in Germany and I need new health insurance for fifteen days of traveling trough Europe (Netherlands, UK, France and Italy).

What is the best option to choose?

share|improve this question
Do you already have health insurance? There might be loopholes or special cases I don't know about but I thought that German residents are required to have health insurance. If you are insured through a regular German health insurance, you are already covered elsewhere in the EU and should have a European Health Insurance Card printed on the back of your health insurance card. – Relaxed Nov 25 '13 at 10:01
Also, you might simply consider appropriate travel insurance (something like that). Make sure it covers rescue, hospitalization and repatriation as needed and if something really serious happened to you, you would get long-term treatment in Germany under your current health insurance. – Relaxed Nov 25 '13 at 16:00

Call a travel agent in Germany and ask for a travel health insurance policy to cover you for that period. Be explicit where you plan to travel to.

share|improve this answer
Could you elaborate on what a floater policy is, perhaps with some references – Mark Mayo Dec 11 '13 at 2:14

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.