Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm from South Africa and have received a long-stay study visa from the French Embassy in South Africa, for entry and exit into France for a year, to do 3 months of research work in Montpellier, France. My 3 months end on the 14th December 2013 and I would like to visit some European countries of which I will spend most 2 days per country before heading back to South Africa. I would like to find out can I enter and exit the Schengen countries with this visa or do I need to apply for a Schengen visa here in France?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Karlson, Vince, HaLaBi, Dirty-flow, Mark Mayo Nov 13 '13 at 23:14

This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.

Does the following question solve your problem?… – Relaxed Nov 13 '13 at 15:34
See also… – Relaxed Nov 13 '13 at 15:35