I am currently planning a 12 day trip to the South Island of New Zealand from December 13th - December 24th. I am incredibly excited, but need need some help figuring out the right itinerary.
I will be traveling with a close friend. The two of us are males in our mid-20s, in good shape, and are hoping to take on one or two of the following Great Hikes:
- Heaphy Track
- Milford Track
- Routeburn Track
- Kepler Track
We are very flexible in terms of budget - and are very happy to pay a little more in order to save time. Most of our constraints are related to time. In particular, we need to:
- Fly into NZ on December 13th
- Rest and recover from jetlag for 1-2 days
- Fly out of NZ on December 24th
- Where should we fly in and out of in NZ?
- How can we get from these places to the hike?
- Can we fit in two of the great hikes?