Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

My wife (Jamaican) has ILR, has been living in the UK for ten years. We would like to travel to Portugal for a long weekend.

  1. Can I apply online for visa, or do I have to have to attend in person (sorry Portuguese website very vague)
  2. Is the visa free?
  3. Am I required to purchase airline tickets/travel insurance/and book hotel before applying?
  4. She is also self employed, does she have to prove this? If so, what documents are required?
share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo, Dirty-flow, mindcorrosive Oct 4 '13 at 5:34

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

We can't really answer your question because this information is related to the bilateral agreements between Jamaica and the EU. You have to contact the Portugese embassy and ask them. –  spakendralo man Sep 27 '13 at 10:08
What's ILR? What's your situation (EU citizen?)? Did you read travel.stackexchange.com/questions/12825/… and travel.stackexchange.com/questions/13395/… (exact same title, save for minor typographic differences)? If yes, could you specify in the title and question how your situation differs? –  Relaxed Sep 27 '13 at 10:09
Do you have a passport from an EU country (eg the UK)? That will make a big difference to the situation for your wife when travelling with you in the EU –  Gagravarr Sep 27 '13 at 10:52
Having the ILR does not help, but you having the UK passport does help... –  MeNoTalk Sep 27 '13 at 18:08