Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm leaving for London in 15 days from now for my higher studies. I plan to go to Spain on Sep 23rd. For Schengen Visa, I was wondering under the "financial documents required" section, they want us to show 3 months current account balance. Since I haven't gotten there yet, I don't have an account there.
Could I maybe show my Indian account or do they specifically require UK accounts?

share|improve this question
Where will you be applying for the visa, in India or in London? – Gagravarr Aug 15 '13 at 16:02
Even if you were there I highly doubt they will let you stay 3 months without documentation so you can accrue current balance. – happybuddha Aug 16 '13 at 15:27
I'll be applying from London. No I'm not staying for 3 months! It's just a 4 day trip. – Guest Aug 17 '13 at 4:55

I guess it'll be ok to show your Indian account with your name and the amount in Euro. But if you want to be absolutely sure you can buy traveller cheque for 4 days. They said it has to be minimum of 60 Euros per day ( So 240 Euros. But you can buy a cheque for 300 Euros to be absolutely sure then you can exchange it back once the visa has been granted. My friend has done that without any problem.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.