Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am Eritrean traveling from Sudan to Italy. I have got a Schengen visa to Italy, my question is, can I transit through UK without any other additional visa, mean with that Italian schengen visa only.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Ankur Banerjee Aug 5 '13 at 11:24

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

It depends on what kind of Schengen visa you have. – Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Aug 5 '13 at 7:45

No, you can't. The United Kingdom is not part of the Schengen Agreement and Eritreans have to apply for a direct airside transit visa (DATV). You can see the requirements for a DATV here.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.