Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I was accepted for a PhD research to Switzerland.

As far as I know the visa/permit process looks like this:

  • Apply for a long-time visa.
  • Receive some sort of short visa to enter Switzerland.
  • Go to Switzerland and apply for work permit and get it.

The question is: if I have a short-term (3 month) Schengen visa, can I enter Switzerland with it and then apply for the permit?

share|improve this question
Hi and welcome to Travel SE. Unfortunately your question is off topic on this site. –  Dirty-flow Jul 30 '13 at 21:04
add comment

closed as off-topic by Dirty-flow, Marcel C., HaLaBi, Ankur Banerjee Jul 31 '13 at 0:23

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions about immigration or moving for extended periods of time (studies or employment, among others) are off-topic. See the meta post Is it OK to ask questions about migration?." – Dirty-flow, Community, Community, Ankur Banerjee
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.