Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am a south African with a indefinite leave to remain visa, married to a British citizen and have British citizen children. I am planing to go on holiday to Italy with my children only can I travel with my children without a visa?

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Having a UK indefinite leave to remain has nothing to do in this case, only the passport you have determines if you need a Schengen visa or not and since you have a South African passport you'll need to apply for a Schengen visa in advance.


share|improve this answer
Thank you for your response – Sadie Jul 29 '13 at 15:46

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.