Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I need to submit my passport and my child's to get UK Tier 2 dependent visas. I don't know, even with an expediter, how long they will be out of our hands.

Is there any way of obtaining permission to travel next month to Canada before sending off the passports - and then traveling with the permission, a copy of the passport, and a copy of the visa application? I don't even know where to begin or who to ask about such.

share|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo, Dirty-flow, mindcorrosive Aug 4 '13 at 8:05

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

travelling into Canada from where? And do you live in the place you're travelling from? –  Kate Gregory Jul 29 '13 at 12:37
In additional to Kate's questions, what is your citizenship, and if you are traveling from the US, are you traveling by air, land or sea? –  Doc Jul 29 '13 at 14:34
Simple answer: no, you need your passport to travel. You will need to either delay the trip, or delay sending your passport for the visa application –  EdmundYeung99 Jul 30 '13 at 11:14

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.