I'm Italian, I'm leaving between China and India and my passport is going to expire in June 2014.
Right now I'm in China and this is my trip plan:
- in Sept. I will go India
- in October I will be back in China
- in April I will go to India again
- in May I will come to China again
The issue is that in April/May my passport will have less that 6 month of validity and to have a new Visa for India/China it is required that the passport has a validity of at least 6 month.
Take care that my passport has already 10 years so I cannot just apply some stamps on it but I need to do a complete new one.
As you can imagine I would like to not coming back to Italy only to renew my passport ( it is a kind of expensive and no sense )
- Is it possible to renew the passport abroad ? ( also if it is not completely expired ? )
- If yes, How can I do it ? I need to go to Italian Embassy in China ?
- What kind of document could be required ?