Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am an australian citizen and I have a 2 year working visa (youth tier 5) for the UK. I have been traveling through Europe in countries that fall under the Schengen agreement, for almost 3 months, then I want to got to Scotland for 3 or 4 weeks and then return to Europe (Portugal) for 2 months or longer. Is this possible? Does having the UK working visa give me rights of a UK resident regarding length of stay in Europe?

share|improve this question

The answer is: No.

You're still subject of 90 in 180 day stay even if you have a British Type 5 visa.

You can refer to requirements posted by Austria as a guide.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.