Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am a Filipino Citizen working in Qatar and have a valid Residence Permit. I am planning to visit my wife's sister in the UK, and afterwards we are planning a Schengen tour with the other family member living in the UK. Do I need to get two visas which is a UK Visa from UK embassy (my point of entry) and at the same time another visa which is a Schengen visa from the France's embassy?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

Yes, you do need two visas, since the UK and Schengen have separate immigration arrangements.

share|improve this answer
Thanks for the answer jpatokal. So, this means I have to gather 2 copies each of the similar required documents in applying for the two visas? –  grm Jul 10 '13 at 10:27
Yes, that's correct. –  jpatokal Jul 10 '13 at 12:08

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.