Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I hold a China main-land passport. I am doing study abroad from the US to France and Spain. With all the confusion and my poor judgement, now I end up with a short stay visa in France (Schengen visa). This only covered my stay in France but not long enough for my classes in Spain. Is it possible for me to extend my stay in Spain?

share|improve this question
What's the total duration of stay? – Karlson Jun 24 '13 at 22:40

I believe you cannot extend short-stay visa. This is based on my own experience. My friend got rejected once because her visa was a short-stay visa and according to some regulations. It cannot be extended. You have to go out of the Schengen area and re-apply for your visa again. In this case it has to be China. They only allow long-stay visa to be extended inside the country.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.