Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have an F-1 visa in the U.S. and I'm filling some forms. They are asking about my country of residence.

Now I'm a Syrian Citizen (passport holder) and I got my F-1 from Iraq (which I have a one year visa in still valid for the couple months) and now I'm in the U.S. under F-1.

So... what is my country of residence?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Karlson, Vince, Dirty-flow, Marcel C., choster Jun 21 '13 at 23:41

Questions on Travel Stack Exchange are expected to relate to traveling within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What forms are you filling out? Different situations may have different take on the concept. –  Karlson Jun 21 '13 at 20:12
it's a TPS form. –  mamdouh alramadan Jun 21 '13 at 20:15
You may have to be a little more specific. TPS to me means: youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3rjQGc6lA –  Karlson Jun 21 '13 at 20:24
here's a link explaining it –  mamdouh alramadan Jun 21 '13 at 20:29
Ok. This is off topic for this forum since your question is about immigration (see Help Page) but for the purpose of I-821 form your country of residence would be US. –  Karlson Jun 21 '13 at 20:37

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.