Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I own a Brazilian passport. I will arrive in London, fly to France on the same day and spend 14 days there before going back to the UK for my studies. I will already have my student visa but I don't want to use it because I'll be required to register at the police within 7 days of entering the UK with it (when I'll be in France).
Can I first enter as a tourist or in transit and only on my second entry use my student visa?

share|improve this question
Do you have another visa? – Dirty-flow Jun 8 '13 at 22:30
No, before arrival I'll only have a student visa. – Klicia Oliveira Jun 9 '13 at 1:52

Brazilian citizens don't need a visa for the UK. You can check this on UK Border Agency website. In Wikipedia there is also a page that confirm that. So it should be no problem to enter UK without using your student visa.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.