Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Suppose I come from Schengen area to Kaliningrad by plane, stay there for a few days, and then take the plane to St. Petersburg. The latter being a flight from Russia to Russia, but it is an international flight.

Will a normal tourist visa do or do I need a double entry visa?

I am traveling with a German passport.

share|improve this question
up vote 6 down vote accepted

Since the 72 hour visa is only available to the EU countries, UK, Switzerland, and Japan. Which means that the rest of the people will have to enter under the regular tourist visa.

There is also agreements being put in place regarding multiple-entry visa, so I would just apply for that and use it to enter both Kaliningrad and St. Petersburg.

Or you could wait until EU and Russia hash out the complete procedure on visas

share|improve this answer
Wow, seems like I should just postpone that idea until the deal is through. Thanks for the link. – arney May 29 '13 at 17:06
You really should not wait for it. Most optimistic men call the 2015 year, other says that it will be 2017. – VMAtm Jun 5 '13 at 8:23

Single entry visa will be fine if you will take a direct flight.

Airflot and Russia Airlines offer 6 direct flights per day.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.