Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is it safe to cross the Canadian border with a J1 visa and come back on a B1 visa? I have heard some stories about having to bring proof that you are leaving the states to your home country after. Also about people who were told to stay in Canada for a night.

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

It is not an issue to leave on J-1 Visa and re-enter on B-1 visa.

You can review the J-1 Website from the State Department on the subject of 2 year home country waiver.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.