Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

My wife is Russian and carries a different family name in her Russian passport than mine. I carry a USA passport. she is under the age of 30 and we are planning on traveling to Oman together. What is required to get her a tourist visa for Oman?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

It may help you:


Chinese, Russian and Ukrainian nationals may obtain visit visas following the same procedures provided that they are part of tourists groups arriving to the Sultanate through a local tourist agent or a hotel or as a family. In the case of groups, the number of females must not exceed the number of males. Source: wikitravel.org

It is OK for Russian wives who can prove their relationships with their husbands.

share|improve this answer
Would a marriage certificate original issued in the USA services as proof? –  Sam Alsheikh Apr 24 '13 at 2:17
I am not sure as I am not from Oman embassy but rationally why not? It should be enough. –  Persian Cat Apr 24 '13 at 2:22
Arabs do not change the last name of wives after marriage, so this is common in Oman to have different last names for husband and wife. Regarding the marriage certificate, it is one of the few documents that are accepted everywhere as it is, no one can issue a local certificate marriage! unlike driving licenses for example. –  MeNoTalk Apr 24 '13 at 4:18

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.