Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I've been recruited by a big software company which is going to relocate me in Berlin for 6 months.

This society asked me for an account number where my salary will be accredited. I live in Italy, should I open an account in Germany or tell them to accredit my salary on my Italian account (and use a VISA pre-paid card to live in Berlin)?

Does anyone happen to know anything about this matter?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Vince, uncovery, Karlson, gerrit, Kate Gregory Apr 7 '13 at 16:36

Questions on Travel Stack Exchange are expected to relate to traveling within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

provide them with IBAN and BIC of your italian account and you should be fine. Not an expert though. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Euro_Payments_Area –  greg121 Apr 7 '13 at 9:57
yup, and you can probably use your regular debit/credit card in Germany. Just make sure that your bank offers free card transactions in the SEPA zone. And I think this question is off-topic, as not relating to Travel. It may fit money.SE. –  Vince Apr 7 '13 at 11:10
Migrate to either Personal Finance & Money or The Workplace. –  gerrit Apr 7 '13 at 16:30
SEPA is implemented in Germany from begin of this year, so the comments above were not valid in the moment they were written. –  ВГДЕЖЅZЗИІКЛМНОПҀРСТȢѸФХ Dec 11 '14 at 8:32

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.