I applied for 'Tourist Visa' of Singapore. The visa stamped from Singapore Consulate, Karachi is much similar to the image above, only the difference is of 'Type of Visa'. In my case, Type of Visa = DOUBLE JOURNEY. Every tourist visitor needs to fill the 'Embarkment Form' which is available at Singapore Airport and collected by Immigration Officer. In the Embarkment Form, they ask about how much duration of stay you required in Singapore either 14 days or 30 days, so I selected the 30 days. The immigration officer granted 30 days without asking even a single question.
After that a higher ranking immigration officer asked a few question from me; reason for these questions might have been my nationality and my physical appearance (keeping heavy beard). Anyway, the questions were:
- Where do you stay? (I already have a CONFIRMED booking of a hotel for 2 days)
- Do you have return ticket to your country? (I have a CONFIRMED return ticket from Kuala Lumpur to Karachi and already have Malaysia tourist visa too).
- What is the purpose of visit in Singapore? (Tourism + job hunting. BTW, he didn't show any concerns when I told him about job hunting on Tourist visa, so I feel Singapore give leverage on it)
- Any company or recruitment agency contacted you? (Yes, I showed the print out of emails)
- Any relative or friend in Singapore? (Friend, keep his contact number, officer will ask for it)
- What encourage you to do job hunt in Singapore (IT market is awesome in Asia, life standard is good, another interested to continue my education in Singapore)