Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm a grad student in US on F-1 visa and hold a Jordanian passport. This summer I'm planning to visit Denmark for one week to attend a conference and then come back to US. I've the admission letter to attend from the university.

Does anyone know what I need to do (what application(s) I need to fill out and what documents I need to submit)?

share|improve this question
Welcome to Travel.SE. Your question seems to be a duplicate of multiple questions here. Denmark being part of Schengen aquis the standard Schengen rules apply.… – Karlson Feb 23 '13 at 20:23
possible duplicate of Does applying for a multiple entry Schengen visa instead of a single entry the first time hurt my chances of a visa getting granted? There are great many other questions regarding the Schengen visa as well. – Karlson Feb 23 '13 at 20:25
@Karlson one of those is about multiple entries and the other is about schengen border controls; he's asking about the documents required? Although, I'd be surprised if we don't have it somewhere on this site already... – Mark Mayo Feb 23 '13 at 21:19
Thank you, Mark Mayo! I'm not duplicating any previous questions! – user9292 Feb 23 '13 at 21:31
up vote 7 down vote accepted

You need to visit the Danish embassy/consulate (or perhaps an embassy of another Schengen country which handles applications for Denmark in your current location), and fill the application provided there. Usually you will be asked for the following documents:

  • A copy of your passport a long with your original passport.
  • Passport size photo, clear, no head cover, no smile, light background.
  • Bank statement for the last six months to show that you can cover the trip expenses.
  • Or, a job certificate from your employer showing your income.
  • Invitation letters from sponsors (if available)
  • Application fee (differs from embassy to another, country to another)

These were the usual requests, sometimes they ask for more or less. It also depends on the country you request the visa from, but generally getting the Schengen visa is easy as long as you provided the papers they ask for. Remember, it takes around 2 weeks usually for the visa to be issued.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.