Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

A friend of mine has a commercial pilot license, he was able to rent small planes in the US and fly it from one state to another. He told me a lot of fun stories and I am kinda excited to do the same but in Europe with him as the pilot. His license is issued from the US and is FAA approved. Now we are planning to travel from one country to another, we are thinking of Italy as a start point but this can change if it is not possible from Italy.

Will we be able to rent a small plane (Cessna) in Europe and fly there just like my friend did in the US?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 3 down vote accepted

According to several pilot's forums it may be possible to do:

The best I can figure you will need an FAA license, current medical, etc.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.