Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Assuming I already have a job in my home country and I work at home. It pays great and I save some money. Also I am aware I can afford to live in US so can I move to US? Would I be able to open my bank account there to ask my employer to send money to US instead of my home country. Would I need to pay taxes? What visa I would need there?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by RoflcoptrException, Gagravarr, Rory Alsop, Karlson, mindcorrosive Feb 19 '13 at 13:39

Questions on Travel Stack Exchange are expected to relate to traveling within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Hi Umair Ashraf! This question sounds a lot like immigration. Unfortunately this is considered off topic here at travel SE. – RoflcoptrException Feb 19 '13 at 11:34
Yeah. I googled "Travel Stack Exchange" and this was the first thing. – Neutralizer Feb 19 '13 at 12:10
Just googled there's tag for it… – Neutralizer Feb 19 '13 at 13:02
Umair - that tag is for "a range of border control procedures (referred to as 'immigration' in most countries other than US) and import of goods." – Rory Alsop Feb 19 '13 at 13:27
Wish the tag could speak that much :) – Neutralizer Feb 19 '13 at 18:22
up vote -1 down vote accepted

Since we're not allowed to answer immigration questions, I'll keep it short with two things.

Any stay longer then 90 days requires a visa for immigration and anyone that stays 181 days or longer or there income is paid to a US company is required to pay taxes. However, if you did immigrate to the US and spent more then 181 days away from your home country, you would likely be exempt from paying taxes where you left.

share|improve this answer
My income is paid by European company. Can I go there for 90 days first and then apply for immigration, is that possible? I don't want to exempt taxes but I want to know if or not I would need to pay to put it in my expenses. – Neutralizer Feb 19 '13 at 12:08
@UmairAshraf In your expenses? – Stephen P. Feb 20 '13 at 1:33
Yeah to cut it from salary – Neutralizer Feb 21 '13 at 11:50

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.