In many countries the markets are some of the most interesting places to visit. However, as a result of tourism, culture and competition, many of the sellers/touts are...well...aggressive. This can consist of:
- not taking no for an answer
- chasing you down the street
- trying to force you to wear their hat / trying their jewelry etc
- trying to pull you into their shop / restaurant
- wanting your name, where you're from to get a conversation meaning you stop, and may come in, when you just want to walk but not be rude
If you, like myself, don't shop at markets for souvenirs (I look for food, at best), and simply want to browse or walk and look, how best to handle said aggressive shop-owners?