Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am from India, and I plan to visit Europe for a month. I will be starting with Switzerland, and then I plan to go to Croatia. If I have a single entry Schengen Visa, go to Croatia, will I be allowed to enter back into a Schengen country (maybe Italy)? Or, do I need a multiple entry Schengen Visa?

Thanks in advance!

share|improve this question
up vote 11 down vote accepted

As Croatia is not part of EU yet. But they will soon this year. They exempt visa for anyone who holds Schengen visa in these types.

* residence permits issued by one of the Schengen area members
* uniform visas (C) or
* long-stay visas (D) issued by one of the Schengen area members

However, upon arrival (as I have done this last year) you get a stamp from Croatia border that you're inside Croatia and when you enter Schengen country again you get another stamp from Schengen country border. This counts that you're out and in again (I held multiple entries). I guess it's safe to say that you need multiple entries visa. But you should check with the embassy in India.

share|improve this answer
Croatia will join EU this year, but not Schengen – Dirty-flow Feb 4 '13 at 13:49
Thanks a lot! I'll take a multiple entry Visa, and will check with the embassy too. – cookieMonster Feb 4 '13 at 13:56
Thanks for the update. :-) – toy Feb 4 '13 at 13:57

protected by Ankur Banerjee Feb 24 '13 at 21:01

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.