Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm planning to travel to France a few times in the next few months (tourist). Since I need a Schengen visa, I just don't know how to fill out the forms (which only have questions about travel dates of ONE single trip).

How do I report that I am traveling a few times, because if I don't they might only give me a single entry visa (or a visa not valid long enough for my next trips). I can only see that I'm requesting a multiple entry visa, nothing else about how long I need it to be valid.

Do I need to provide proof of hotel/flight reservations and travel insurance for all the trips or would the first one suffice?

How do I approach this issue so that I get a Schengen visa for at least 4.5 months? I am applying in the UK at their London application centre.

Thanks in advance.

share|improve this question
Can you maybe link to the actual forms that you are trying to fill out? – uncovery Feb 2 '13 at 13:52
  • Field 24 lets you indicate multiple entries.
  • Field 30 should have the date of the last departure. it identifies the overall duration of the visa.
  • Provide documents for flights, hotels etc as much as you can. Preferably have an insurance that does not expire before the last departure. Otherwise add a note that you will get additional insurance in time.
share|improve this answer
So I don't need to provide details of my specific trips (each arrival and departure from Schengen area) on the forms, I only need to provide the details of the first arrival and last departure, plus as much documentations as I can. Since I don't exactly know the dates of my future trips, can I book fully refundable hotel and flights for approximate dates (so I'll have more documentations) and cancel them after I got the visa? – Ariadne Feb 2 '13 at 17:36
Yes, you could do that. I would not even think it is necessary unless you are from a country where they would be typically suspicious that you would end up as a illegal immigrant (Africa & South-east Asia for example). If you are from the US or Canada I would not be too concerned. – uncovery Feb 2 '13 at 21:45
Thanks. I think I am from one of those so-called high risk countries (Iran) but I'm in the UK on a student visa (fully funded PhD), which is valid until 2017. I've had one Schengen visa before by the way, from France two years ago, valid for 1 month, traveled for three days. – Ariadne Feb 3 '13 at 2:30
I think if you can show a good history of stays in europe, you will not have issues. – uncovery Feb 3 '13 at 8:18
Thanks for the help! – Ariadne Feb 3 '13 at 14:36

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.