Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Do I need to get a visa before flying to Peru and Bolivia for one month holiday?

Or can I just get it once I've landed there ?

I'm from Europe (The Netherlands).

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

No for both countries:


With a few exceptions (notably some Asian, African and communist countries), visas are not required for travelers entering Peru. Tourists are permitted a 30- to 90-day stay, which is stamped into their passports and onto a tourist card, called a Tarjeta Andina de Migración (Andean Immigration Card), that you must return upon leaving the country. The actual length of stay is determined by the immigration officer at the point of entry.

Read more:


Citizens of most South American and Western European countries can get a tourist card on entry for stays up to 90 days, depending on the nationality.

Read more:

I had no problem getting 90 days each on the borders.

share|improve this answer
Sorry, I forgot to ask: what about Chile ? – Patrick Mar 7 '13 at 19:54
No visa required for Chile for EU Citiziens either, as a matter of fact as a Dutch Citizien you don't need any visa in South America, while other Europeans need just one for Surinam – Peter Hahndorf Mar 8 '13 at 17:20

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.