Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

My passport was stolen in Prague on my way to Vienna. I filed a police report and our embassy swiftly acted by giving me a temporary passport for my onward journey to Munich and Rome. Upon exit from Rome, the immigration ask for the Schengen visa, when I told him that I lost my passport, he did not ask for any document to support my claim, he just stamped my new passport with exit. I am not sure if on record, I am officially out of the Schengen area or not. I am scared that without the lost visa, it appears that I am still in the area and might reach the 90 day limit and will be denied when I re-apply as it would appear I broke the rule. What to do?

share|improve this question
If you're denied, can't you then provide both the police report and the atemped-on-exit new passport to show that you left? –  Kate Gregory Nov 9 '12 at 20:03
Thanks Kate, but I need to know ahead, because denial due to overstaying will take all my chance of getting another Schengen visa in the future. Anyway, I will contact the Greek consulate that issued me the visa. I hope it reflects in their system. –  Victor Nov 10 '12 at 19:25
add comment

1 Answer

Contact your local embassy or consulate. They should have record of your lost passport and you can show them your exit stamp.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.