I'm planning a 2 weeks trip (end of Dec / beginning of Jan) to the USA and I will be based in Atlanta. I really would like to go to London (Canada) where some people I've met during a trip to Jordan live, so basically I'm trying to figure out a round trip from Atlanta to London (passing through Knoxville, this is the only bond I have) and back to Atlanta.
It's my first time in the USA and, from what I've seen, there isn't pretty much anything of what America is known for on that route. Which is perfectly fine for me :-)
What I would like to know, anyway, are suggestions about what I could see/do, what route I should take to enjoy the trip the most.
I know all those things are pretty much personal so here is a small list of things I find interesting:
- Not really into museums this time. I wanna live it on the road as much as I can
- Cool country roads (best would be in West Virginia so that i can sing the song)
- Cities worth visiting (ok that's pretty general but I don't know how to put it)
- I love lakes, so probably lake Erie or Ontario are my best bet. Toronto is probably worth a visit.
- I'm really into literature so if you know of some lit festival or pretty cool library / bookstore (something like City Lights in San Francisco)
And I probably missed something, I will edit.